Mobileforce CPQ automatically sends email messages to sellers and appovers for different actions during the approval process. Mobileforce generates these emails from email templates that pull information from the CRM and the quote.
By default, Mobileforce CPQ sends approval related email messages from the Email ID: Mobileforce Apps ([email protected]). If you want the emails to originate from your organization's domain, please contact Mobileforce Support for more information. To configure the approval email messages, Mobileforce Support requires your email server details and mailbox credentials.
Admins can create, edit and manage email templates from the Email Templates page, accessible from the CPQ Setup page.
Mobileforce provides sample email templates that have been automatically assigned to specific approval activities. For example, the Approval Request Email Template has been assigned to the Approval Request action.
Admin users will typically edit these sample templates to suit their business needs. Additionally, users can choose to create their own email templates from scratch.
Mobileforce recommends that you make copies of the sample email templates before editing them.
Click the Email Templates link from the CPQ Admin page. Then, from the Document Templates page, click Add. Additionally, you can click the button to edit an existing template.
In the General section, do the following:
- Enter the name of the template (required)
- Enter the template description
When you save the template, Mobileforce CPQ automatically populates the metadata values (such as Created Time) for the template.
Specify the following options:
Purpose: Click the drop-down list and select the purpose for the template. You can select one of the following:
- Approval Request: Email message sent to configured approver requesting approval of a quote.
- Cancel a Pending Approval Request: Email message sent to configured approver indicating that the seller has cancelled an approval request.
- Approved Confirmation: Email message sent to the seller who created the quote indicating that the quote has been approved by the approver.
- Declined Confirmation: Email message sent to the seller who created the quote indicating that the quote has been declined by the approver.
- Approval Cancelled Confirmation: Email message sent to the seller who created the quote indicating that the approval process for the quote has been cancelled.
Subject: Enter the subject line (including macro variables, if desired) for the email template.
Body Format Select how the body of the email should be formatted: Plain Text or HTML.
Body Enter the text for the body (including macro variables, if desired) for the email template.
To view a sample email message generated using the template, click Preview to view the message in a pop-up window. Please note that any macros will not be converted to values in the sample message.
Mobileforce CPQ provides default built-in HTML content for each of the different template Purposes. Admins can access this content by clicking Set Content to Default, this will overwrite any content in the Subject and Body fields, and change the Body Format to HTML.
Access Control options
Specify the following options:
Active: Specify whether the template is currently active. By default, the setting is set to Yes. To deactivate the template, the setting should be set to No.
To edit an email template, from the Email Templates page, click the button for the desired template, where you can then modify the options.
Additionally, you can:
- Click the button to copy an existing template, and then click the button to modify it.
- Click the button to delete an existing template.
Activating and Deactivating Templates
You can easily activate and deactivate templates from the Email Templates page.
- Click the button to deactivate an active template.
- Click the button to activate an inactive template.
By default the Email Templates page does not display inactive templates. Click Show Inactive to list all templates, regardless of status.