Creating and Managing your Fleet Vehicles
Using Mobileforce FSM, you can manage the motor vehicles owned or leased by your organization by creating Fleet entries for each vehicle. A Fleet entry (or object) allows you to review the lease information and maintenance information for your vehicles, as well as track when they are used for service tasks.
Fleet items are used by the following roles:
- Dispatchers or users tasked with managing and maintaining your fleet vehicles will create and update fleet entries (such as odometer readings, maintenance dates, etc.) as needed.
- Dispatchers assign fleet vehicles to appointments as needed.
- Technicians create Inventory Transactions for the vehicles when using them for a task, moving to a new location, or other uses.
To access the Fleet menu, select Fleet from the Field Service menu.
From here you can:
- Click the button to create a new fleet item.
- Click the button to review an existing fleet item and edit it if necessary.
- Filter the table to show only the results you need. For more information, see Filtering Tables.
Creating an Fleet Item
Clicking the button creates a new Fleet object.
Enter the following information and click .
- The name, description and fleet number for the vehicle, so users in your organization can easily identify the vehicle from the fleet table.
- Information about the fleet vehicle itself: the make, model, year, and license.
- The lease or ownership information for the vehicle: when it was added to the fleet as well as any leasing information.
- Warranty and maintentance information for the vehicle, including odometer readings.
- The current location of the vehicle.
Reviewing and Editing a Fleet vehicle
When you click the button to review an existing Fleet vehicle, and potentially update it, Mobileforce displays it in a new page as well as any related Mobileforce FSM objects in tabular format. All of the objects are optional, and may not necessarily be used by your organization.
From this page you can do the following:
- To edit the fleet vehicle, click the button.
- To edit an individual field for the fleet vehicle, click the button for the field and then update it.
For the related subtables, you can do the following:
- To create a new object (for example, Fleet Trip), click the button.
- To open the table for the related object type in a new window, click the button.
The Fleet page lists the following related subtables:
The related appointments associated with the fleet vehicle. For more information, see Creating and Managing Appointments
Uploaded files, such as warranty or lease information papers, associated with the fleet vehicle.
The updates that have been made to the Fleet vehicle, allowing you to review all changes for auditing purposes, including when it changed, and who changed it.
The maintenance records for the fleet vehicle, including status and notes.
The trip records, specifically the mileage used, for the fleet vehicle.
The inventory transactions associated with the fleet vehicle. For more information see, Managing Inventory Transactions.
The service tasks associated with the fleet vehicle. For more information, see Managing Service Tasks.
Specific fields in the Fleet Table and other FSM tables can be made mandatory or optional, depending on the business use. Furthermore, specific fields can also be omitted or added depending on specific business needs. Please contact the Mobileforce Support & Services team if you would like specific paid customizations of the Mobileforce FSM tables for your specific business needs.