Defining and Managing FSM Territories
Mobileforce FSM Territories allow your organization to define a specific area or region where an office can provide service. This can be tied to a specific zip code, or drawn on a mapping tool provided by Mobileforce FSM. Once defined, you can better match a job/service task to a technician/worker who services that territory.
For your convenience, Mobileforce FSM comes pre-loaded with territories for the United States, including:
- Territories for each of the 50 states and Puerto Rico.
- Territories for each USPS zip code in the United States.
- A territory of the entire United States of America.
Once territories are defined and named, they can be assigned to any Mobileforce Office For more information, see Creating and Managing FSM Offices
From the Field Service Setup page, click Territories.
From here you can:
- Click the button to create a new territory.
- Click the button for an exisitng territory to edit it.
- Click the icon of a field of an existing territory to edit that field.
- Filter the Territories table to show only the results you need. For more information, see Filtering Tables.
Create a new territory
To create a new territory, click the button.
Enter the territory details and click when finished:
Name: Enter the name for the territory.
Description: Enter a description for the territory.
Polygon Points: Click the Edit Map button to draw the territory on a map.
To create a territory using the mapping tool, you must ensure that cookies are enabled in your browser for your source CRM, as well as for the mobileforce subdomain:
- US users: http://apps. mobileforcesoftware.com
- EU users: http://apps.eu.mobileforcesoftware.com
Office: Select the office associated with the territory in a many to one relationship. Each territory must be associated with an office. For more information, see Creating and Managing FSM Offices.
Edit the territory map
Mobileforce FSM allows you to define a territory using a map applet, where you can draw a single polygon around the desired region. Mobileforce FSM connects to an external API for configuring the applet.
During Mobileforce FSM implementation, Mobileforce Support will help you configure Mobileforce to your selected map subscription service, either Google Maps or ArcGIS Pro.
Click the Edit Map button. The applet opens in a new window. Enter a starting address and click Go.
The starting address provides a location around which you can draw a polygon shape as your territory map.
Use the map to draw the territory using the specified tools. You will create a starting point by clicking a point on the map. Your ending point must be the same as your starting point. When finished, click Submit to save the drawing to your territory.
To change the map, click Map to view a road map of the region or click Satellite to view a satelite region.
To move the map click the hand tool . The crosshairs icon changes to a hand. Click the draw tool when finished.
Additionally, you can right-click your mouse to move the map without clicking the tool. This can be helpful to move the map while you are drawing the territory.
To draw the territory, do the following:
Ensure that the draw tool is selected.
Move the crosshairs tool to the location where you want to start the territory and click the map to start the draw tool.
Click the map again to set additional points of the territory.
To finish the drawing, do one of the following:
- Click the first point you created to complete the polygon around the desired region.
- Once you have at least two points drawn, double click the next point in the territory, and the applet will complete the polygon.
When finished, the applet indicates the territory by shading the area inside the drawn polygon.
Edit an existing territory
To change an existing office, first click the button to open the territory page.
The territory page lists the entered territory information as well as any Service Tasks or Users to Territory
- The Service Tasks table lists the current service tasks, if any, assigned to the office. For more information, see Creating Service Tasks.
- The Territories table lists the territories assigned to the office. For more information, see Creating and Managing FSM Territories.
From this page you can do the following:
- To edit the selected office, click the button.
- To create a new related object (for example, Service Task or Territory), click the button.
- To edit one of the related object, click the associated button.
- To open the table for the related object type, click the associated button.