General tab - Product UI Layout
The General tab of the Product UI Layout page allows admins to specify the standard options for the layout, such as the layout name, as well as specify whether the Save, and Validate are displayed or enabled for sellers.
- Core section allows you to specify the name for the layout and the optional description for the layout.
- Information section are metadata values (such as Created At) that are automatically populated by Mobileforce CPQ.
- Action Script Developer Options section allows you to specify the Reads and Updates to be excluded from the layout. These options should be configured only by Advanced Admin users who manually update the Form XML data via action scripts.
- Save Action section allows you to specify the accessibility options when saving products.
- Validate Action section allows you to specify the accessibility options when validating products.
When specifying custom product options, the seller typically spends time completing custom form fields. Since information filled in these form fields determines the exact configuration of the product sold, it is important to ensure that the user input is validated and there are no errors. Furthermore, since the filling of the form can take time, it is also important to save partially filled forms to which the seller can come back later and complete the form filling process. To simplify this process, Mobileforce CPQ provides interactive assitance buttons to automate various actions to take when saving or validating the associated quotes. Admins can associate corresponding actions with these buttons, such as Save, Validate and Close..
Actions are specified via the Action URL, a server-side script that performs the corresponding action.
This section describes how to specify the options for the Save Action, Validate Action, and Close/Reopen Actions sections.
Specify whether the function is visible for Mobileforce users.
- Show: Function is visible.
- Hide: Function is hidden.
- Conditional: Allows you to specify conditions that displays the function for Mobileforce users. When selected, click the button to open the Edit Form Expression pop-up window where you can specify the applicable conditions.
Specify whether the function is enabled or disabled for Mobileforce users.
- Enabled: Function is enabled.
- Disabled: Function is disabled.
- Conditional: Allows you to specify conditions that enables the function for Mobileforce users. When selected, click the button to open the Edit Form Expression pop-up window where you can specify the applicable conditions.
Access Control allows you to specify the CRM roles that are allowed to use the function in the proposal.
- Select All if users must have all of the specified roles in their profile to save the product.
- Select Any if users only need one of the specified roles in their profile to save a product.
Click the roles field and select one or more roles from the list.
Available only for the Save function. Automatically runs a validation before the product configuration is saved. If the validation generates an error, the configuration is not saved.