From the Schedule & Dispatch page, click the Plug Route button. Mobileforce opens the Plug Route popup window displaying the location of the task on the map.
- By default, today's date is selected. Click the date to change it from the calendar drop-down.
- Click the Select Technician dropdown and select the technician whose schedule you want to review.
- Click the Select a Hole/Gap dropdown and select the time gap to plug.
Plug Route now computes all gaps/holes in the schedule for the selected technician and date. By default, the Plug Route window displays routes in List View, where tasks are listed in a tabular view. Click Map View to view scheduled tasks on the map.
By default, the Plug Route window displays routes in List View, where tasks are listed in a tabular view. Click Map View to view scheduled tasks on the map.
A Mobileforce FSM algorithm provides a list of unscheduled Service Tasks that can fit in the specified gaps without distuption in the existing schedule. When providing the list of tasks, The algorithm ensures that the technician can:
- Travel from the location of their previous apppointment, to the location of this new service task
- Complete the appointment for this new service task, taking into account a variety of factors to estimate the time needed to complete the work
- Travel from the location of this new service task to the next appointment that is already on their schedule. which can be that can be inserted into the technician's existing schedule,
If the algorithm determines that no service task meets this criteria, then Mobileforce FSM indicates that no tasks can be used to plug the gap.
Review the list, select the desired task, if any, and click Accept Route. Mobileforce FSM will add the task to the technician's schedule, automatically creating a new appointment for the specified time.