Price books connect individual products and services with specific entries that list its price for the currency selected for the Price Book. These entries are managed from the Prices page of the desired Price Book, accessed by clicking the applicable icon from the Price Books page.
For many organizations, each product has only one price book entry per price book. However, Mobileforce CPQ allows you to have multiple price book entries per price book. For your organization, each price book entry could have a unique tag, unique effective/expiration dates, unique price books, or unique method.
Creating Price Book Entries
Price book entries can be added manually or batch imported from a local .csv file. For more information about batch importing, see Importing and Exporting Prices.
Mobileforce provides two ways of creating Price Book Entries.
- You can create a Price Book Entry from the applicable product. Edit the desired product, and navigate to the Pricing tab, where you can create a new entry, selecting the applicable Price Book.
- You can create a Price Book Entry from the Prices page for the applicable Price Book. From here, click the Add button to open the Add Price page, where you can select the applicable Product.
For more information, see Adding Price Book Entries for your Product.
Mobileforce recommends that users manually create price book entries from the applicable Product entry, rather than the applicable Price Book.
Editing Price Book Entries
To edit a price book entry from a product, open the applicable product and select the Pricing tab. The Price Book Entries section lists all of the entries associated with the product. Click the button for the desired entry to open the Edit Price page where you can modify the pricing options.
To edit a price book entry from a price book, click the button for the applicable price book. The Prices page lists all of the products and their price(s) for the price book. Click the button for the applicable product to open the Edit Price page where you can modify the pricing options.
Additionally, you can:
- Click the button to copy an existing price book entry, and then click the button to modify it.
- Click the button to delete an existing entry.
Activating and Deactivating Price Book Entries
You can easily activate and deactivate multiple price book entries from the Prices page. When deactivated, that price book entry can no longer be used to create quotes.
- Click the button to deactivate an active entry.
- Click the button to activate an inactive entry.
By default the Prices page does not display inactive entries. Click Show Inactive to list all products, regardless of status.