Mobileforce FSM allows you to manage the warranty contracts for your customers. In Mobileforce, Warranty Contract entries are a database objects that includes the period of time of the contract, the contract number, and the account(s) associated with it. Additionally, the equipment associated with the contract, the electronic version of the contract, and the associated service tasks are referenced as associated objects in subtables.
The main difference between Warranty Contracts and Maintenance Contracts is that Warranty Contracts are offered as a part of a product sale (often for no additional charge) by the vendor, whereas Maintenance contracts do not imply no-charge service. The other difference is that warranty contracts do not auto-generate service tasks, instead these service tasks are created if/when a customer calls in and requests a service "under warranty".
- A Sales rep or a Technician can create the Warranty Contract entry while at the client site, after the client has signed the sales contract.
- Warranty Contracts are sometimes automatically created as a part of a sales workflow, where upon a completion of a sale, a corresponding warranty contract (for an agreed upon time period such as one year into the future) is created. Warranty Contracts could also be created in situations where the customer directly purchases such a contract, after some time after they purchased a product: these are referred to as extended warranty contracts. For such Warranty Contracts, any of the field service roles can have access to update or modify the contract.
- Agents and Dispatchers review the Warranty Contract when creating or reviewing Service Tasks to determine whether the tasks are included in the contract.
To create or review the entries, select Warranty Contracts from the Field Service menu.
From here you can:
- Click the button to create a new contract entry.
- Click the button to review an existing contract entry and edit it if necessary.
- Filter the table to show only the results you need. For more information, see Filtering Tables.
Creating a Warranty Contract entry
Clicking the button creates a new contract entry.
Enter the following information and click .
- A name, description, and contract number for the entry, so users in your organization can easily identify the warranty contract entry.
- The start and end dates of the contract.
- The Mobileforce FSM and CRM accounts associated with the client.
Reviewing and Editing a Warranty Contract entry
When you click the button to review an existing Warranty Contract entry, and potentially update it, Mobileforce displays it in a new page as well as any related Mobileforce FSM objects in tabular format. All of the objects are optional, and may not necessarily be used by your organization.
From this page you can do the following:
- To edit the warranty contract entry, click the button.
- To edit an individual field for the entry, click the button for the field and then update it.
For the related subtables, you can do the following:
- To create a new object (for example, Equipments), click the button.
- To open the table for the related object type in a new window, click the button.
The Warranty Contracts page lists the following related subtables:
Lists the equipment that is covered by the warranty contract.
Lists entries that include the files (i.e., pdf of the warranty contract) associated with the contract entry.
Lists the service tasks associated or covered by the contract.
The updates that have been made to the Warranty Contract entries, allowing you to review all changes for auditing purposes, including when it changed, and who changed it.