The Types tab of the Quote UI Layout page allows you to create your own customized data types, which extend the CPQ Systems built-in input field types, This customized data type can then be used as a type for an input field, specified in the Form tab.
You can define your own compound type called Address made up of 5 primitive data types in it - Street Address, City, State or Province, Postal Code, Country. Mobileforce CPQ detects that it is a custom type and render all of the component fields at once, so sellers can populate the components when specifying an Address.
From the Types tab you can create nested Types and Inputs related to the quote:
Whenever you make changes on the Types tab, click Save.
- To add a type, click the Add Type button and provide a name for the customized data type.
- To add an input for a type, select the input in the navigation pane and click the Add Input button to specify an input.
When entering a Name for the input, ensure that the name does not include the prefix "cpq_", as this is reserved for pre-defined inputs created by Mobileforce.
- To modify the input, select it in the navigation pane, and from the details pane, specify the applicable fields.
From the Types page, you can do the following:
- To edit a type, click to select it in the left pane, its details are displayed in the right. Edit the desired fields and click Save.
- To delete a type, click to highlight it in the left pane, and click Delete.
- To reorder a type, click to select it in the left pane and drag it to the desired location, If the desired location is invalid, a red X is displayed next to your cursor.