In Mobileforce FSM, agents must assign a Status (for example, Open, On Hold, Scheduled) to each Service Task during creation.
Mobileforce FSM comes pre-installed with several typical Service Task Statues for your convenience. Before adding additional statuses, please review the list of statuses.
This status is to be changed and updated throughout the Service Task lifecycle to allow all users to know the current stage/progression of the task.
- When a dispatcher creates an appointment for the Service Task assigning it to a technician, they change the status to Assigned.
- When a technician finishes the work described in the Service Task, they change the status to Completed.
Accessing the Service Task Status page
Only users with admin privileges can add, edit, or delete the list of Service Task Statuses. Once the statuses have been updated, Agents, Dispatchers, and Technicians can select the Status when updating Service Tasks. For more information, see Creating and Editing Service Tasks
From the Field Service Setup page, click Service Task Status.
From here you can:
- Click the button to create a new status.
- Click the button to review or edit an existing status.
- Click the button to delete an existing status.
Before deleting a Service Task Status, ensure that no current Service Tasks use this status. To review whether the Service Task Status is being used, click the button.
Create a new Service Task Status
To create a new status, click the button.
Enter the name of the new Status and click when finished.
Review or edit an existing Service Task Status
To review or modify an existing status, first click the button to open its Service Task Status page.
The page lists the name of the Service Task Status and the following related subtable:
- The Service Tasks table lists any Service Tasks assigned the specified Service Task Status. To view additional tasks in the table, click Load More.
The Service Tasks table lists the number of related tasks next to the table name.
For the Service Task Status, you can do the following:
- To edit the selected status, click the button.
- To edit the Name field, click the button for the field and modify it.
For the related Mobileforce FSM objects, you can do the following:
- To create a new related Service Task, click the button.
- To open the Service Task table in a new page, click the button.