Adding or Editing Document Templates
When a proposal is complete, and if necessary, approved, you can use Mobileforce CPQ to create proposal documents to be sent to the customer. These documents formalize agreement between you (the seller) and your customer (the buyer) listing the products or services being provided for a specified payment amount. Mobileforce CPQ creates proposal documentation based on the selected document template. For more information about document generation, see Creating Proposal Documents.
Mobileforce provides sample documentation templates that refererence sample files that have been preloaded to your Mobileforce CPQ application.
Admin users will typically edit these sample templates to suit their business needs, geographic region, the products being sold, the terms of sale, and the terms and conditions required for your business. Additionally, users can choose to create their own document templates from scratch.
Mobileforce recommends that you make copies of the sample documentation templates before editing them, so you have templates that create valid proposal documents.
You can create multiple document templates that include or exclude the sections that are required for your proposal documents, including quote line items, signatures, and additional document pages you want to add. If you have organization-specific documentation to include in the template, you will want to upload that as a unique file. For more information, see Uploading Files
Creating and editing templates
Click the Document Templates link from the CPQ Admin page. Then, from the Document Templates page, click + Add. Additionally, you can click the button to edit an existing template.
- Enter the name of the template (required)
- Select the quote template assigned to the Document Template.
- Enter the template description
When you save the template, MobileForce CPQ automatically populates the metadata values (such as Created Time) for the template.
The Document Template page includes the additional sections:
Access Control options
Specify the following options:
Active: Specify whether the template is currently active. By default, the setting is set to Yes. To deactivate the template, the setting should be set to No.
ACL: The Access Control List (ACL) allows you to specify the CRM roles that are allowed to create a document using the template.
- Select All if users must have all of the specified roles in their profile to create a document using the template.
- Select Any if users only need one of the specified roles in their profile to create a document using the template.
Click the roles field and select one or more roles from the list.
Effective Date Click the field to select the date after which users can create a document using the template.
Expiration Date Click the field to select the date after which users can no longer create a document using the template.
General Restrictions options
Specify the following options to restrict access to the template:
- Specify whether the quote must be valid to use the template.
- Specify whether the template can be generated if the proposal is locked.
- Specify Hidden and Disabled Conditions, optional rule expressions that are evaulated by the MobileForce CRM application to determine if the template is hidden or disabled from use.
For more information about creating expressions in MobileForce CRM, see the MobileForce Expressions documentation.
Generated Document options
Specify options for generating the proposal document from the template:
- Select the desired file format of the document (PDF, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Enter the file name generated by MobileForce CRM.
- Optionally, specify the CRM roles that are allowed to view documents generated from the template.
- Optionally, enter the Generated File Hidden Condition, a rule expression that determines if document(s) created using the template are visible to the user.
If you require a digital or third party signature, ensure that Enable Signature is set to Yes, and then click the System drop-down list to select the method used to acquire digital signatures (DocuSign, PandaDoc, or Adobe Sign).
Once the system is selected, you must enter the authentication information for that system. See the applicable signature documentation for more information.
MobileForce CRM allows you to add custom sections from your local system to your document (for example, a limited warranty or NDA). To add a section, click the Add Section button.
MobileForce includes several sample document sections when installed.
From this page you will specify the following options, and then click Create when finished:
- Enter the name of the document and click the Source File Name drop-down menu to select the document.
Documents must be uploaded to MobileForce CRM from the Uploaded Files page to appear in the Source File Name menu. For more information, see Uploading Files
- Additionally, select the section where the document is added when generating a document from the template. MobileForce creates sections in ascending order.
If creating a template where the Non Disclosure Agreement is to appear before the Limited Waranty, you would set the Order for the NDA at a lower number (e.g., 50) than the number for the warranty (e.g., 100).
- Enter the Hidden Condition, a rule expression that determines if the document template itself is displayed (or hidden) when listing the documents that can be generated.
- Select whether this sectional is optional or not.
- If Optional is set to yes, select whether the section is included in the documentation by default.