Creating and Managing FSM Skills
Mobileforce FSM Skills allow your organization to better match a job/service task to the technician/worker who has the required abilities and experience to complete the work.
Mobileforce FSM skills are completely configurable and customizable based on your organization's needs. In most organizations, two entities/objects have skills:
- Users: In most organizations, skills are typically only applied to users with the role of Technician. The skills assigned to the user reflect the abilties of the technician, so they can be accurately assigned to service tasks, (For example, one technician may have the Network Admin skill, a second technician may have the Storage Admin skill, and third may habe both skills.)
- Service Tasks: A Service Task can specify the abilities that a technician must have to complete the job. Mobileforce FSM also allows you to combine skills using AND and OR operations. (For example, one task may require Storage AND Networking skills and another task may require Storage OR Networking skills.
Once skills are defined, they can be assigned to any Mobileforce User profile. For more information, see Creating and Managing Mobileforce Users
From the Field Service Setup page, click Skills.
From here you can:
- Click the button to create a new Mobileforce FSM skill.
- Click the button for an exisitng Mobileforce FSM skill to edit it.
- Click the icon of a field of an existing profile to edit that field.
Create a new skill
To create a new profile, click the button.
Enter the name of the skill and click when finished.
Review or edit an existing skill
To change an existing skill, first click the button to open the skill page.
The page lists the name of the skill and the following related subtables:
- The Service Tasks table lists the current service tasks, if any, assigned to the office. For more information, see Creating and Editing Service Tasks.
- The Users table lists all of the users who have been assigned the skill. For more information, see Creating and Managing FSM Users.
From this page you can do the following:
- To edit the selected skill, click the button.
- To edit the Name field, click the button for the field and modify it.
For the related Mobileforce FSM objects, you can do the following:
- To create a new related object (for example, Service Task or User), click the button.
- To edit one of the related objects, click the associated button.
- To open the table for the related object type, click the associated button.