Adding or Editing Quote Templates
You can create Quote templates to help shape and guide the quote creation process for your sellers, specifying what products and services the seller can add to the quote as well as the product, pricing and approval rules are to be enforced when the template is selected. Mobileforce inludes a sample template that you can use, copy, and adapt to your own business needs.
Until they are proficient with the Mobileforce CPQ application, Mobileforce recommends that admins copy and modify the provided functioning quote templates to suit their business needs.
To create a new template click + Add from the Quote Templates page. Additionally, you can click the button to edit an existing template.
From the Add Quote Template pop up window, specify the following options and then click Add,
- Enter the name of the new template.
- Select the Quote UI Layout associated with the template.
- Select the Price Book associated with the template.
- Enter the name of the template (required)
- Enter a unique Form ID (required)
- Enter the template description
- Select an icon associated with the template
When you save the product, Mobileforce CPQ automatically populates the metadata values (such as Created Time) for the template.
Access Control options
Specify the following options:
Active: Specify whether the template is currently active. By default, the setting is set to Yes. To deactivate the template, the setting should be set to No.
ACL: The Access Control List (ACL) allows you to specify the CRM roles that are allowed to create a document using the template.
- Select All if users must have all of the specified roles in their profile to create a document using the template.
- Select Any if users only need one of the specified roles in their profile to create a document using the template.
Click the roles field and select one or more roles from the list.
Effective Date Click the field to select the date after which users can create a document using the template.
Expiration Date Click the field to select the date after which users can no longer create a document using the template.
Configuration tab options
From this tab you can specify the constraints and rules of how Mobileforce CPQ will process and validate a quote,
Click the drop-down menu to select the Quote UI Layout associated with the template. For more information, see Add Quote UI Layouts.
A Line Item Table (also called Product Group) holds the Product/Service items that the end-user adds while creating a Quote in the Configure, Price, Quote workflow.
Line Item Tables Allow you to specify the product categories as well as the number of items that can be added to the quote when this template is selected.
- Click the Categories field and click the categories (one at a time) where users can select products from.
- Specify the minimum and maximum number of products that can be included in the template.
You can add multiple categories to a line item table, expanding the list of products that users can include as line items.
Product Rules Allow you to add, edit, and manage the product rules for the product. For more information, see Adding Product Rules.
This tab allows you to specify the Price Book as well as any pricing rules associated with this template.
Click the Default Price Book drop-down list and select the desired price book. Select the price book most likely to be associated with the geographic region, currency, or customer segment for the template.
For more information about price books, see Creating Price Books
Pricing Rules table
This table allows you to specify the rules that govern what pricing changes must be made for the products and service items added ot the quote. For example, you can create a rule that auotmatically adds a promotional discount if the current date is within a specific time period, like the end of a quarter.
- If you have multiple pricing rules, Mobileforce CPQ evaulates the rules based on their Rule Evaulation Order from lowest to highest, which is listed in the table in the Order column.
- Mobileforce CPQ evaulates all of the product rules before evaluating all of the pricing rules, and the finally evaluating all of the approval rules.
To create a new pricing rule, click the Add Rule button.
Enter the pricing rule details, and then click Create when finished. For more information, see Adding Pricing Rules,
Specify the approval options for your template, as well as create and manage its approval rules.
- Close After: Specify the length of time (in days) that the approver has to approve the quote before Mobileforce CPQ changes the status of the proposal to Closed.
Approval Emails: Click the applicable drop-down menu to select the email templates to be sent to the applicable user(s) when a quote is Approved, Declined, or Cancelled.
Approval Rules: The Approval Rules table allows you to review the approval rules already configured for the template. Additionally you can create new and edit exising approval rules, as well as copy and delete rules.
For more information about adding approval rules, see Adding Approval Rules for a Product.